What is CaptionCall?
The CaptionCall captioned phone features a large, easy-to-read screen that displays written captions of what callers say to reinforce their hearing. The CaptionCall phone is also an amplified phone.
Who benefits from the CaptionCall captioned telephone?
CaptionCall is a captioned telephone designed to help individuals struggling with hearing loss use the phone again with confidence.
What are the requirements for CaptionCall?
Individuals using the captioned telephone must have hearing loss and have difficulty communicating by phone. A land line phone line and high speed internet connection are required for the CaptionCall phone to work.
What is the cost of a CaptionCall phone?
Individuals with hearing loss that could benefit from captioned telephone service can provide professional certification from a qualified hearing care or health care professional to receive the CaptionCall phone for free.
How Can CaptionCall Be Free?
As a provision of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) established a fund that gives individuals with hearing loss access to captioned telephone service at no cost. CaptionCall is an FCC-authorized captioned telephone service provider and is compensated by the FCC for providing the captioning service at no cost to the end-user. The CaptionCall phone is not covered by the FCC fund, but is provided by CaptionCall so that eligible individuals may have access to the captioned telephone service. There is no cost for qualified individuals to participate in this federal program.
How does CaptionCall work?
Similar to captioned television, CaptionCall uses advanced voice recognition technology and a communications assistant to quickly provide written captions of what callers say on a large, easy-to-read screen. It works like a regular telephone – simply dial and answer calls as usual – speak and listen using a phone handset like always.
This state-of-the-art yet surprisingly simple telephone empowers you to communicate more confidently with friends, family, or coworkers. With the CaptionCall phone, you’ll enjoy:
- Familiarity - CaptionCall works like a regular phone. You dial and answer calls just like you always have.
- Free service - captioning service is funded by the FCC so no new bills, no monthly charges.
- Large text - 7" screen with adjustable text sizes makes it easy to read every word of every call.
- Location flexibility - set up your phone using a wired or wireless internet connection.
- Touch to call - make calls quickly and easily with a simple touch of the screen.
- Saved conversations - You can choose to save the captioning from conversations for later review.
- Customizable audio - easily adjust ringer and handset volume - also customize frequency amplification.
- Saved volume settings - Volume settings can be customized and saved to provide the best experience on every call.
- Telecoil loop connection - for hearing aids with a telecoil option.
- Secure captioning - enjoy a safe, encrypted FCC-regulated transcription process.
These are just some of the many robust features that come with the CaptionCall phone.The CaptionCall phone will receive periodic automatic updates via the internet. Just keep your CaptionCall phone connected to receive these updates. These periodic updates will contain new features and enhancements to your CaptionCall phone to provide you the best captioned telephone experience available.
CaptionCall Mobile enables people with hearing loss to make and receive telephone calls from their iPad - so you understand every word of every call, everywhere.
The CaptionCall Mobile application is FREE and available in the Apple App Store to download. Call us to get your CaptionCall Mobile number today!
CaptionCall Mobile requires a CaptionCall account, an Apple® iPad® 2 or later, and a Wi-Fi or cellular Internet connection.
Make and receive captioned telephone calls anywhere you have an internet or cellular connection! CaptionCall mobile makes it easy to stay connected on the go and understand what your callers are saying.
Save captions from your conversations for future review. Perfect for reminding yourself about an appointment time or reviewing important moments from loved ones.
- Contact List - Include your iPad and CaptionCall account contacts for easy dialing
- Voicemail - Caption voicemails received to your CaptionCall Mobile number and never miss a thing
- Recent Calls list - Know when you miss a call and easily dial your most frequent numbers
One of the requirements is to have a hearing evaluation completed to determine the individual has hearing difficulty. Feel free to call our office to schedule a free hearing evaluation and begin the process of hearing better! CaptionCall --- Life is Calling.
For more information click here.